Mental Health Resources – Assistance & Availability
- Ensure PMT is knowledgeable on available Mental Health Resources provided by Brand and certified organizations.
- Provide list of websites/phone numbers for help resources.
- 5-minute “mental breaks.” Provide tools such as adult coloring books.
Health & Safety Meetings
- Change them up. Get videos to watch so those who can’t attend get the full effect of the meetings.
- Have hourly Team Members help lead the meetings. Maybe even teams with someone from each department. Spice them up to make them more interesting.
- Provide meals, snacks, theme breaks.
Complete all Safety Standards & Training (OSHA, emergency plan, building, lighting, locks, etc.)
- Create games/quizzes with the ability to win prizes.
- Account for different learning types. Use visual/audible/hands-on training.
- Provide Team Member meals during training if possible.
Equal Environment/Express Opinion/Be Heard
- Select a topic to discuss during huddle (breakroom updates, outing ideas, recognition ideas, etc.). Collect suggestion slips from Team Members and review with PMT.
- Positive reinforcement for Team Members engaging/expressing opinion (COD cards, hotel branded gift, etc.).
- Property level Bold and Bright – Submit to PMT, if implemented property level, Team Members gets prize and PMT submits to company Bold and Bright for the Team Member.
Mutual Respect for all Team Members
- Ensure all Team Members are included/invited for meetings/events.
- Ensure Team Members are receiving equal recognition.
- PMT spends one hour per month assisting each department with a task (stripping rooms for housekeeping, parking lot walk with maintenance, etc.).
- Employee recognition section to discuss during PMT meetings. Ensure Team Members are receiving equal recognition.
Facilitate Open and Honest Communication/Active Listening/Ask Questions
- List of questions to ask Team Members. Each day pick a question that you go out of your way to ask Team Members.
- Utilize crucial conversations and other additional webinars/trainings.
Tuned into Immigration Issues/Political
- Have a go-to person, maybe an immigration lawyer, to assist with situations like recent SSA letters.
- List of resources in case ICE comes to the hotels.
- Have a designated person at each hotel with their pulse on immigration issues/concerns.
Regular Management Presence & Visibility/MODs Both Weekday & Weekend
- Have Lobby PMT or “Lobby Lizard” move throughout hotel to talk with guests and help Team Members when needed.
- Stagger the GM/OM/AGM/FOM hours so there is longer coverage from 7am-9pm.
- Active Shooting – Conduct quarterly active shooting education and drills so all Team Members feel comfortable with the process.
- Human Trafficking – Conduct new hire and quarterly training on how to recognize a potential threat and follow the process to get help.